Improve your lifestyle, your work environment and job satisfaction by working and living in our wonderful outback city. Council offers competitive remuneration, work/life balance, an inclusive and diverse workforce, and great benefits and progression prospects.
Here at Mount Isa City Council, we are willing, energetic and committed to the community. We aim to be an exemplary employer and value employees with focus, dedication and a desire to learn and develop new skills.
Mount Isa City Council provides employment for approximately 200 employees in a variety of full time, part time, temporary and casual positions.
These positions cover the full scope of Council operations, from administration, professional and technical roles to operational positions within the various sections.
We believe that forward thinking, great ideas, and planning come together to make a big impact. You’ll have the satisfaction of knowing that your great ideas and what you do every day impacts the lives of the thousands of people who live, work, and visit the city.
To make our good city great through innovation, diversification, and cultural enhancement.
INTEGRITY, SERVICE, ACCOUNTABILITY
INTEGRITY - Expected behaviours include:
- Adhere to legislation, Council policies and procedures
- Treat customers and co-workers with respect and courtesy
- Act with honesty and in the best interest of the organisation
SERVICE - Expected behaviours include:
- Exceed the expectations of internal and external customers
- Demonstrate initiative and strive for continuous improvement
- Take pride in the services delivered to the community
ACCOUNTABILITY - Expected behaviours include:
- Manage time and resources effectively and efficiently
- Work as one team that is united and seamless
- Celebrate success and take ownership of failure
Mount Isa, City of Opportunity
We want you to enjoy your life and your work.