On 1 July 2009 the Right to Information Act 2009 (RTI Act) and the Information Privacy Act 2009 (IP Act) replaced the Freedom of Information Act 1992.
- make more information held by the Government available
- provide equal access to it across all sectors of the community
- provide appropriate protection for individuals' privacy.
The Queensland Government has introduced the Information Privacy Act 2009 (the Act) which applies to the Queensland public sector. The Act contains a number of privacy principles which set out how agencies may and must handle personal information (including the collection, security, use and disclosure of such information). Personal information means any information from which your identity is apparent or can reasonably be ascertained.
RTI Fees and Charges
Application Fee: $53.90
- If the agency or Minister spends less than 5 hours processing the application – nil
- If the agency or Minister spends more than 5 hours processing the application – $8.35 per 15 minutes or part of 15 minutes
Photocopying Charge: $0.25 per black and white A4 page.
If you have any queries about our privacy and security practices, please contact us.