There are over 20 parks within the City of Mount Isa Region, some are leased by Council to sporting organisations, some are maintained by Council and others privately owned.
Persons wishing to book any of Council's public parks to host events (such as parties, fitness groups, sport carnivals) must complete an application to Council. This is for the following reasons:
- To avoid damage to any in-ground irrigation systems or underground services, should any equipment need to be anchored to the ground using pickets or poles;
- To minimise double bookings;
- To ensure Council's and/or your organisation's insurance covers the nature of the event;
- To reschedule any relevant Council works or irrigation systems which may impact on the event;
- To organise for the collection of access gate keys, if required.
Below is an interactive map of the Parks and Ovals within the Mount Isa City Region. If any errors are found, please contact Council.