Mount Isa City Council has a wide variety of roles that can often be very popular. It’s important then to make your application stand out.
What to include in your application
As part of your online application you’ll be asked to include the following:
- a 1 or 2 page cover letter stating your interest for the position, and a bit about you. Provide a response to the selection criteria which provides examples of how your experience matches the requirements and criteria within the position description.
- a current resume, showing your relevant experience and the qualities you can bring to the position.
- relevant supporting documentation such as any qualifications that are listed in the job ad, your right to work in Australia etc.
The recruitment process – what to expect
The recruitment process may vary for some roles but typical applications are reviewed to find the best applicant fit against the selection criteria for the role.
If selected, you’ll be invited to an interview where a panel will access your skills, qualifications, experience, abilities and personal fit relevant to the role and work environment.
The recruitment process could involve:
- face-to-face interview
- phone or Skype interviews
- competency and psychometric assessments.
Mount Isa City Council will also do referee checks, and may require a national police check and Department of Human Services screenings and a pre-employment medical check.
Note: National Police Check dispute resolution: if an applicant believes there is an issue with the National Police Check obtained on their behalf by Mount Isa City Council, please contact the People and Culture team on 07 4747 3200, who will provide further details on how to proceed.
We aim to update applicants as quickly as possible as we appreciate the time you have invested in your application, and that you are keen to come work with us.