Free Plant Day
Would you like up to two free native, waterwise plants to have in your own yard? We are now accepting registrations of interest for our new Free Plant Day initiative.
The purpose of this project is to beautify and "green" Mount Isa backyards and encourage the use of Indigenous and waterwise plants.
Hard copies of the survey are also available at the front counter of Council's Administration Building at 23 West Street, Mount Isa for those without internet access.
Some of the plants that may be available:
- Plants will be allocated per household, therefore please ensure only one person completes the survey.
- Plants will need to be picked up in mid-May at the chosen Council facility. An email will be sent closer to the time confirming pick-up date, time and location.
- This survey is to give an indication of preferred plants species only and you may not receive your first choice. Actual plant species will be dependent on stock availability.
- If you are in a rental property, please check with your real estate agent or landlord if you are able to put plants in the ground before doing so.
- Once the plant is received by you, it is your responsibility to look after it. Care instructions will be provided.
The Free Plants Day initiative is funded by the separate Environmental Charge, which is collected as part of rates.