In September 2023, Council's Internal Operating Syste was changed. What does this mean for ratepayers?

Your property will now have two separate accounts. One for the Rates and the other for Water.

Rates account numbers will begin with 1xxxxxxx, and the water account number will begin with 2xxxxxxxx.

Your rates or water account numbers are also the payment reference numbers for your accounts. You will need to reference the correct payment reference number to ensure payments made are going to the correct account type.

Ratepayers can now elect to receive their future rates or water consumption notices electronically and view them online, thanks to the eNotices system.

People can register their account by going to http://mountisa.enotices.com.au and signing up using their email address and unique eNotices Reference Number.

The eNotices Reference Number can be found in the top right hand corner of your rates or water consumption notice.

Once a ratepayer’s eNotices account has been activated, eNotices will notify them via email when their next rates or water consumption notice has arrived.

They will then be able to view it – and, in the future, any previous notices – through their online eNotices portal. Notices can then be paid via the methods listed at www.mountisa.qld.gov.au/pay-my-rates.

You will need to sign up to both the Rates Account and the Water Account to recieve both notices. Your notices can be linked to one account.

For more information on eNotices, visit www.mountisa.qld.gov.au/homepage/307/rates-enotices

Another option to receive your notice electronically is by BPAY View. Should you wish to use this service to receive your notices via email, please contact your financial institution.

The State Fire Levy Charge is a charge issued by the Queensland State Government and is applied to all rateable land within the State of Queensland.

The Mount Isa City Council acts as a collection agent only for this levy and it is charged to ratepayers on their half yearly rates notices.

All enquiries should be directed to 13 74 68.

Land valuations are only one factor used to determine Rate levels. If you do not agree with the valuation of your property, you will need to contact the Department of Natural Resources, Mines and Energy on 13 74 68.

Council will post the rates and water consumption notices to the last known address registered in our records and it is the owner’s responsibility to notify Council in writing of any change of address.

Council does not accept change of address over the telephone.

Your account had an outstanding amount prior to the issuing of the current rates or water consumption notice therefore it shows as arrears on your current notice. 

I believe I have paid my arrears – If you paid the outstanding amount prior to receiving your Notice the payment amount may not show if Council had submitted the file to our notice printers before your payment was received. Customer Service will be able to confirm if your payment was received and provide you with an updated balance.

Any payments made to your Council Rates or Water Accounts that are dishonoured or reversed by your financial institution will incur dishonour fees. All fees will be charged to you.