Occupation or Establishment of Temporary Homes

Permanent living in any temporary home is only permitted in a caravan park under local laws. Council’s Local Law provides the opportunity for a person to occupy or establish a temporary home for up to 12 months.
Temporary home permits are granted for two main reasons – if the person wishes to live temporarily e.g. in a caravan, tent, etc. on their block of land while building (and the building approval for the permanent house must be in Council’s record for the permit to be issued) or in exceptional circumstances, e.g. looking after a terminally ill relative. 

Temporary Home Permit Application Form