All dogs and cats (cat registration required as of July, 2018) living in the Mount Isa City Council region must be registered. Fines apply if your dog or cat is not registered and if the registration details are not up to date.Your pet must wear its registration tag at all times. Check the tag regularly and replace it if damaged, so if your pet becomes lost, Council can promptly identify it and return your pet to you.
Update your pets registration details:
Dog and cat owners will receive a renewal notice in the mail. If your mailing address or any other details have changed please ensure your submit a change of address form.
- Registration of a Microchipped Dog up to 12 weeks of age **Proof of birth date and microchip implanting is required** - $20.00
- Registration of a Dog up to 12 weeks old (price includes a microchip voucher) **Proof of birth date is required** - $89.00
- Desexed Microchipped Male/Female Dog - $30.00
- Desexed Non-Microchipped Male/Female Dog (price includes a microchip voucher) - $99.00
- Entire Microchipped Male/Female Dog - $80.00
- Entire Non-Microchipped Male/Female Dog (price includes a microchip voucher) - $149.00
- Registration of a Microchipped Cat up to 12 weeks of age **Proof of birth date is required** - $15.00
- Registration of a Non-Microchipped Cat up to 12 weeks of age (price includes a microchip voucher) **Proof of birth date is Required** - $84.00
- Desexed Microchipped Male/Female Cat - $25.00
- Desexed Non-Microchipped Male/Female Cat (price includes a microchip voucher) - $94.00
- Entire Microchipped Male/Female Cat - $65.00
- Entire Non-Microchipped Male/Female Cat (price includes a microchip voucher) - $134.00
- Replacement Animal Registration Tag - $10
- Microchip voucher - $69
Section 14 of the Animal Management (Cats & Dogs) Act 2008 requires the owner of a cat or dog that was born since 1 July, 2009 & is between the age of twelve (12) weeks or over, to microchip their animal. Council will provide micro chipping vouchers to those who are required to pay for their animal to be micro chipped; this is an additional $67 fee to the registration cost. The microchipping voucher can be utilised at any Mount Isa veterinary surgery.
Owners of dogs and cats that were born before 1 July 2009 are eligible to register their animal at the same price as a microchipped animal.
Council conducts regular systematic inspections throughout the Region particularly targeting those with outstanding dog registration.
Keeping more than 2 cats or dogs
If you wish to keep more than dogs on your property, you will need to follow a certain procedure. You will be required to complete an application form.
Both forms can be found in the section below.