Mount Isa City Council proposes to make a Local Government Infrastructure Plan (‘the LGIP’). Public consultation of the proposed LGIP ended on 19 July 2018 and is under the Second Review in preparation for submission to the State of Queensland.
- integrates infrastructure planning with the land use planning identified in Council’s planning scheme;
- provides transparency regarding Council’s intentions for the provision of trunk infrastructure for the Region;
- enables Council to estimate the cost of infrastructure provision to assist its long term financial planning;
- ensures that trunk infrastructure is planned and provided in an efficient and orderly manner; and
- provides a basis for the imposition of conditions about infrastructure on development approvals upon development.
The LGIP identifies trunk infrastructure plans for the following five networks that provide essential services for development:
- water supply;
- public parks and land for community facilities.