Mount Isa City Council proposes to make a Local Government Infrastructure Plan (‘the LGIP’). Public consultation of the proposed LGIP has commenced, and submissions regarding the proposed LGIP can be made to Council by 19 July 2018.
- integrates infrastructure planning with the land use planning identified in Council’s planning scheme;
- provides transparency regarding Council’s intentions for the provision of trunk infrastructure for the Region;
- enables Council to estimate the cost of infrastructure provision to assist its long term financial planning;
- ensures that trunk infrastructure is planned and provided in an efficient and orderly manner; and
- provides a basis for the imposition of conditions about infrastructure on development approvals upon development.
The LGIP identifies trunk infrastructure plans for the following five networks that provide essential services for development:
- water supply;
- public parks and land for community facilities.
Council’s LGIP can be found below:
- Proposed LGIP (PDF)
- Priority Infrastructure Area Map (PDF)
- Plans for Trunk Infrastructure
- Completed Checklist
- Extrinsic Material - Contact Council's Asset Management Officer
- Schedule of Works Model (xlsm)
Providing written submissions about any aspect of the LGIP:
Any person may make a written submission about any aspect of the proposed LGIP during the consultation period which ends at 5.00PM on Thursday, 19 July 2018.
A properly made submission must:
- be in writing and, unless the submission is made electronically, signed by each person making the submission;
- be received during the public notification period;
- state the name and residential or business address of each person who made the submission;
- state the grounds of the submission and the facts and circumstances relied on in support of the grounds and
- be made to Mount Isa City Council at PO Box 815, Mount Isa Qld 4825, or email@example.com