Economic development is an important ingredient in the success of any community.
While focusing on policies that promote growth, Council also recognises that the key objectives need to also protect the core values that make Mount Isa such a great place to live and work.
Where possible, Council will aim to provide relevant information to investors and others interested In discovering the opportunities that Mount Isa has to offer. Council can also offer advice on other information sources, or put you in touch with the ‘right people’ (including other council officers who may be better able to assist with your enquiry).
Mount Isa recently celebrated its 90th year of commerce and community, and is looking forward to a bright and prosperous future. Having successfully weathered the global economic crisis, Mount Isa and the region is moving forward in leaps and bounds.
- Ensure physical infrastructure is in place to sustain development
- Ensure soft infrastructure development (aged care, youth, medical, health, emergency services, social services) are available
- Facilitation of partnerships for economic development
- Establish Mount Isa as a leading education centre
- Maintain focus on Mount Isa as a regional centre
- Develop an investment attraction strategy
- Assist with development of trade and export
- Promote enabling technologies for industry development
Mount Isa City Council is committed to best practice in local government. Council aims to foster an environment conducive to business and economic growth while respecting the community and the natural environment.
Enquiries in relation to Economic Development matters should be addressed to the Chief Executive Officer on (07) 4747 3200.
We are currently updating our Lifestyle and Investment Guide.