The Mount Isa City Council has an extensive yearly capital works program based on its 5 year Capital Works forecast which is designed to replace/maintain and improve infrastructure and facilities around the Mount Isa and Camooweal District.
The Council’s Capital Works projects may in any one financial year include:
- Roads - kerb and channeling, new road construction, road widening, pavement rehabilitation and stabilization works, asphalt and resealing works
- Drainage – upgrading capacity or new installation of concrete pipe, box culverts or corrugated helical pipe structures and open drains
- Footpath – extensive renewal works such as footpath replacement and upgrade in the CBD, repairs and new works
- Water and Sewer - infrastructure installation and construction of sewer pump stations, water and sewer mains, water reservoirs, rehabilitation works of its waste water treatment plant
- Major Capital works – list may vary from sub divisional works to specific entertainment centres and recreational facilities