The Mount Isa City Council has identified that it will fund and support the following locally determined priorities for the Mount Isa RADF Program for 2019-20.
RADF will fund individuals and groups for new and established creative projects that clearly establish a community need and benefit.
Applications are assessed by their ability to meet one or more of the following priorities:
Vibrant arts and cultural experiences
- Programs that create vibrant arts and cultural experiences including but not limited to Performances and exhibitions
- Increased skills and professional development opportunities for artists
- Community arts and cultural development
- Initiatives that strengthen cultural tourism
- Enhanced cultural programs
Performances and exhibitions
Provide exposure to touring performances, and exhibitions and the opportunity for artists to engage with visiting artists and organisations
Community Arts Projects
Community projects that encourage inclusion, caring & friendly communities, mateship, pride, community cohesion, deterrents to crime and violence.
Enhance Mount Isa Specific Cultural Events
Enhance Mount Isa Specific Cultural Events – Rodeo, Camp Drafting, Mining/Industrial performances.
Local indigenous heritage and living culture
Foster and celebrate an understanding and appreciation of local Indigenous heritage and living culture
Record of local history
Encourage arts workers to record local history specifically oral and written history.
Visual Arts Walk
Create and Promote further initiatives to add to the existing Visual Arts Walk e.g. connect the art spaces within Mount Isa via walking trails through participation from local businesses to display heritage photos and memorabilia, connect these with existing public art.
Cultural Heritage of Mount Isa and Camooweal
Develop and retain knowledge of the cultural heritage of Mount Isa, Camooweal and the rural areas.
Develop further town beautification initiatives; investigate opportunities for public art, sun shelters and other methods of ‘softening’ the built environment.
- Encourage community initiatives which promote healthy lifestyles, exercise and general wellbeing.
- Encourage initiatives for all Mount Isa City Council communities, and particularly the following:
- Youth, indigenous, people with disabilities, and the elderly.